Need a ‘festive’ salad for Christmas Day lunch? This salad fits the bill perfectly, in fact it’s a great one for any BBQ or occasion, and as a bonus, left overs work extremely well for lunch – just add cooked chicken.
Bre’s absolutely delicious lunch she brought to work one day was the inspiration for this salad – cauliflower adds such a delicious crunch to any salad, and a few craisins add some interest and a sweet touch – and really do turn it into the ideal salad for all your festive occasions. It works well served on a large round platter. Hope it gives you some inspo!
(use whatever quantities you like)
- Baby spinach leaves or lettuce mix
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cauliflower, into very small florettes
- Spring onion
- White balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Chop pumpkin into small 2cm pieces, place on oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast until just soft.
- Lay spinach leaves over base of platter.
- Add cauliflower florettes, and cherry tomato halves.
- Allow pumpkin to cool slightly, then layer over salad.
- Add avocado pieces, chopped spring onions and finish with a light sprinkling of craisins.
- For the dressing mix together approximately 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice and drizzle over salad.